Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by txtoller, Oct 30, 2018.
Got the rear done!
Got the seat out and did some power washing just to get the dried mud and grim off.
Well, I have a additional question for you? Did you tighten everything before you put it on the ground? If so that is going to bind and wont let it flex out. Just a thought.
I think we torqued them right and now its been 1000+ miles.
Did you torque it before setting on all four or after?
I see where you’re going. It was while we were building it, even before it had body or engine installed.
I think we did around 70lbs. What torque would you suggest?
I'm not being real clear. I would lift it off the ground, loosen the shackle bolts, then set back on the ground and see if the shackles relax to the proper angles. Then tighten and torque the bolts.
When I did my springs on my 71 I torqued the shackles while in the air, and it was the same way.
In order to get the Rocky Road spring shackle mounts on the front, I will have to redo the steering box. Wish I had a plasma cutter...
Slowly coming along...
I like the stance...
Diamond plate is off, not too bad under there. You can see the original color.
Will have to cut out and weld up some holes on the rear panels.
Got to love a tractor!
Got the heater and blower out, so I can start to fab up the hanging pedal and master cylinder.
Cleared out all the wiring, now trying to figure out how to mount the hanging brake pedal.
The tangled weave is out...
Working on the the hanging brake pedal...lots of trial and error....This is looking pretty good, will have to do a little pedal adjustments. Not to worry, that is just some thin scrap I had, to play with, will have correct plate cut, once I get it where I want it.
I am going to redo the accelerator pedal as well..
Finally, got back to doing something on the 6...
My fab skills are not on par with most here, but it is coming along.
I got the plates cut and drilled, I think it is going to work!
Your Fab skills sure look up to Par by this 'ol metal bender !
Well, yesterday I cleaned up my shop, before I dove into the next episode. Today, I got the master cylinder and bracket off the frame, radiator out, headers off and the new rear dump exhaust placed, so I can start the mock up of the steering.
Separate names with a comma.