Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by supertrooper, Oct 15, 2010.
That shroud looks great! How far is the fan off the radiator?
No lip. The wheel opening side looks like it should have a good fit to a stock body but the back side needs a little trimming for the tailgate and tailgate chain bracket. I got these from morris4x4center. They had them in stock and for the best price.
My dual electric fans work surprisingly well. Even on the Rubicon Trail.
With covid and being busy with work i haven't driven the jeep much or worked on it in about a year. I finally felt motivated to get some projects done so here is what I've gotten done lately.
I finished the inside the frame exhaust today. Unfortunately the steering shaft gad to be redone for what feels the the hundredth time to clear the sanderson headers. I used a few manderal U bends and the pipe routing went better than i expected.
The fuel line is closer than i would like so the routing might need to be adjusted.
Also finally got around to opening up the rear tire opening and installing the corner guards. I really liked the center mounted back up light but the bumper and swing out carrier with completely block it. I found these lights with the integrated reverse light and thought it a nice simple solution. Since im building a swing out carrier i figured tailgate chains would mske the tailgate more functional.
Awhile back the gears inside the speedo grenaded. I didn't like the repo speedometers and since the correct gear to make the gauge read correctly are very hard to find i went with a modern speedo. Its a 5" autometer that matches my other guages and i added the gps module. Not cheap but i wont have to worry about hard to find speedo gears it i ever change axle ratios or tire sizes.
The transfer case mounted E brake is mediocre at best and i have been wanting to get something better for a long time. When i read the thread on the metcalf electronic e brake and how affordable the other parts are i ordered the brackets.
just finished reading your whole thread, nice work bud!
That exhaust looks great! I remember your first muffler bash on the rubicon. My wife said "why is his jeep so loud now"
I have been contemplating ordering a set of those headers and a box of mandrel bends from summit....... I feel like my exhaust can handle at least one more rubicon bashing..... But your pics might have put me over the edge....
Did you make that exhaust? Is it stainless? Its really super nice.
What model are your taillights? They look like Greco's, and are similar to what I want to install in my jeep
Thanks, on the last day when we rolled into the over look spot for photos i had to get the pry bar out the push the mufflers away from the tub because they were rattling so bad. You should have seen johnas face when he heard me rattling into yhe over look.
Tubeing is standard aluminized steel exhaust tube. Headers are Ceramic coated steel
Im not sure on the brand or model. They are from etrailer.com
I can't seem to post any pics, but those lights are great, also available in clear, IE for back up lights. You'll need an LED compatible flasher unit however, if you want to use them as signals. I have pics as I said , but am currently unable to post them for some reason.
and... through some miracle...
but no pic of flasher unit yet...
ok here it is
Its taken longer than i hoped but im almost done with the bumper/swing away carrier. Im adding a second jerry can holder but the bracket kit hasn't arrived yet and i ran out of square tubing anyway. Still undecided if im going to keep the hilift jack on the carrier or not, its a lot of weight to lug around. I don't think i mentioned why im redoing the tire carrier, im building a cover for the cargo area so i can have a lockable trunk with padlocks on the tailgate. Plus with the swing away i can use the tailgate as a seat or table when camping.
Latch is from mcmaster carr
Hinge, pull pin and D ring clevis from ruffstuff
I picked up metcalf electric parking brake brakets and i also have all the othe necessary parts for the swap. Will probably start test fitting the brake kit next weekend.
The fusion rear brakes are installed but i still need to wire them. The brakets fit great and was fairly easy to put together. One issue was that the OD of my hubs was bigger then the ID of the rotor by 3/32". With some careful grinding it all fits together.
Separate names with a comma.