Hello all! This is a collection of my thoughts and improvements made to my heep! It’s not really a build like some other very talented members’ threads but at least I can document everything I do in “my” thread. I am still learning and try to absorb as much as I can from this great site! Some of your skills on this site are amazing! Anyway, I purchased my Jeep back in April 2017 from a guy in the Poconos, about 4 hours from me. He was the second owner, bought from an estate sale. I convinced my wife that we needed a utility vehicle for the farm and a Jeep was much cheaper than a Gator or UTV. She was reluctant as she knows my past; building up two TJs, several pickup trucks, and the fact that I can never just leave anything alone. But I found one and she approved so off we went to get the old Jeep. Boy was it rough but I loved it, absolutely loved it. It’s a 1965 CJ5 Tuxedo Park with almost all original parts, minus the column shift and some chrome pieces like tailights and windshield hinges. An F-134 4 cyl that ran ok, a T90, Dana 18, stock axles with 4.27 gears. Drove it up and down the back roads around Lake Wallenpaupak and I was hooked. Here it is picking it up and bringing it home. First thing I did when I got it home was show it to my boys. They were so excited, they love this Jeep! I sold the Meyers hard top and doors and traded a guy the old plow rig for a NOS radiator and a bunch of sheet metal and random parts. I replaced the leaking radiator and put on new hoses. Then it was time to get rid of the blue wheels. The original Sierra blue peaked through the rough dark blue repaint attempted many years ago. I think the PO wanted the wheels to match that original color for some reason, so a few rattle cans fixed that! After getting it registered and insured as an Antique (no inspections, emissions, and permanent registration!), I was taking it down the road and hit 30 mph....I got death wobble, BAD! So I started by swapping out the old tired (pun!) tires out for some repro 7.00-15 bias ply tires. I’m glad I did! Can’t believe these things held air and I actually drove on these! This was on the inside, not easily seen. Oh and forgot to add, my oldest and I make sure we do use it as a utility vehicle on the farm, just like I promised my wife it would be used for After swapping out the shocks and tires, my death wobble is gone. All joints seem pretty tight and my Ross box doesn’t seem to have an unusual amount of play so I call that fixed! Think the shocks were done? Rear main was next. It was leaking bad. So off came the pan. The original pan had a pin hole in it at just the right level that it would only allow enough oil the the “Add 1 Qt” line. Replaced the rear main, got a NOS pan, FelPro gasket and I was back in business! Little man loves shop time My original windshield frame was completely shot. I tried an Omix repop frame and it is perfect. My glass swapped over with no trouble. I watched an episode of Dirt Everyday and saw the new KM3’s on Fred’s Jeep LemonPie on the Rubicon and thought I have to have them! BFG had quite a rebate! A complete tuneup was in order. I changed out my Carter that was rebuilt by the PO with a Solex I changed out points to a Pertronix unit #1548, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and coil. I also adjusted the intake/exhaust valve lash and replaced my leaking rocker arm cover gasket. This made a huge improvement! Rear driver spring was really sagging. 1-1/2” lower than passenger. New spring, shackle, bushings. I had a TON of Lowe’s gift cards, so I decided to try a Keeper KW 7.5 7,500LB winch. It has remote control operation and works great!