Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by DanStew, Jun 26, 2017.
...and the fine-spline (28 tooth) pinion starting in '78.
I didnt even think of that. i was expecting coarse. i didnt even think about looking up if there was a change over to fine spline
That tie rod looks... Dodgy
WHAT???? I thoguht unlimited adjustability was a good thing. Oh well I guess i cant use it
Well this evening i had a pretty good time in the garage.
The time change has had me not wanting to go out and work in the garage and just didnt have much motivation.
I wanted to get the bulkhead in place and finished so i had to bolt everything on the rear bed to the bulkhead in place. Previously i just had the bolts lightly holding things together. I had an issue with my drivers door being off and i needed to adjust the bulkhead. After playing with it, i need to move the bottom back about 1/4 inch. I cut the outrigger mount off again and moved it. After some more fitting the driver door fit excellent and the gaps match.
After that I decided that I needed to address the grill. I got new headlight buckets in a few weeks ago.
So i installed the new buckets and at the same time i cut off the fan shroud so i can gain more room in the engine bay for a radiator.
Headlights and cut down grill
Room for radiator
After the trim
I talked to a friend who is able to machine me a bushing for the lower end of the steering column. Bringing that to him tomorrow and then i can get the steering figured out.
After that i work on making new pedals for the clutch and brake.
Well broke out Ole' Blue today. I made the sheetmetal brake about 10 years ago. Still working even though it sits under the shelf most of the time
It is time to make the fuel tank. Since a new one is hard to find in England, I dont think i can go to Autozone to get one off the shelf. Fortunately it is pretty much a box.
I had some old Tech cabinet side panels, i had to cut this out with cutoff wheels since the Plasma blew up
I will cut out the side pieces tomorrow an keep at it. I hope this will be a bit easier to seal than my last attempt at a gas tank. I was using flux core wire and kept burning through. I need to research universal fuel line inlets and see if i can match the ohms on the Rover fuel gauge with an aftermarket sending unit.
I'm excited to see this project moving forward again!
It is going together nice. My arms hurt from having to hammer the edges to give it an edge. Cut off the old filler neck and put it on this tank. That as the only piece not rusted out.
Separate names with a comma.