Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by Focker, Jul 23, 2016.
Careful of leading Political posts.
Um, Er , ummmm......Sorry , nevermind
Got the frame cleaned up with the wire wheel and needle scaler, cut off the rusty battery tray and welded in a new one and welded up a series of cracks on the front of the frame and used the flap wheel to clean up those and some other nasty welds the previous owners have done. Tomorrow I hope to lay down primer and paint on the frame but they're calling for a very windy day so I may not be able to without moving it into the garage. This is the last large item before I can start going back up with this project. I have a giant pile of parts just waiting at this point but I"m sure I've forgot a few things and will be waiting on parts at some point.
Got the MasterCraft Nomads installed.
Driver side corner went on lots quicker. A little experience pays off.
First layer of filler on driver side.
Last bit of filler (hopefully) on the passenger side.
got some new tires for the 5 Deestone 7.00x15
Next to the Goodyear 7.00x16 for the 2A
Dog helped me take them to the tire store to get them mounted.
I think the 5 is her favorite vehicle if the doors are off.
I was thinking of getting some for the Defender in a 7.50x16 but after driving these around I dont think I can give up my Open Countrys. I like the look of these tires for sure and they ride pretty well. They are just loud..
Well, I changed the oil in Farm Jeep Willy. Amsoil Zrod 10W30. New Wix filter. Been on Amsoil since break in. It will now be an easier life, as it's going from towing our Jayco 17' camper to being towed via a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 35U. Based on an F550/V10 chassis it appears.
Started on the tire carrier.
Don’t laugh but.....
I was trying to get my manual windshield washers working on my ‘70 Cj5.
Here’s the pic before I started....
Well, true to fashion when I start messing with things, somehow I broke the darn thing....
After an exhaustive and unsuccessful search online for a replacement, I was left with trying to fix it.
Two toggle bolts, a garden hose washer, and a house door latch plate later, I finally got it to work!
Works like new!
Just don’t look under the dash. You’re gonna see this.
Lesson learned? 50 year old plastic parts are BRITTLE!
Maybe spraying it with Silicone or FluidFilm will help restore it? Works great for me.
I was test fitting after making repairs. It's best to keep the sheet metal on to cover up my carelessness.
Still have overspray to wipe off, but it's ready for another ride.
More tire carrier. Copied the angled latch from someone here.
Not welded yet. I need to work out a stop and the other part of the latch. The A-frame is from my swing down carrier.
The ole’ girl is officially hibernating.
Why? Fun time Just starting
That’s what the other Jeep's for.
Do they begin pretreating and salting on labor day like in the east?
I've had a terrible driveline vibration and noise since my last off road trip and finally decided to check it out.
Guess another yoke and u joint is warranted.
I’ve barely started let alone wrenched on the 75 in months since a few other projects showed up. I traded a flex fan to a buddy for this lower profile race fan. I haven’t run a mechanical fan for probably 12 years after a few fan vs radiator incidents. I’m hoping this will allow the electric fan to just help out in hot slow days.
I run a 17" fan that style on my 71 with the Buick 350 because it's all I can fit. With a shroud and aluminum radiator it kept the
Jeep cool in 104 degree weather over the summer. I have an electric pusher I can add but haven't needed it.
Separate names with a comma.